The ‘Bootylicious’ housemate who’s quite dramatic spent over 20 years in England before relocating back to Nigeria to pursue a career in music. We bring you 12 interesting things about her. Read them after the cut and take note of No.9.
1. Uriel Oputa was born and raised in the United Kingdom by her late father and mother.
2. She is the only girl in a family of 5 children (four boys and one girl)
3. She is a graduate of Creative writing from Bedfordshire University4. She had a stint with a media house, SugarMedia in London, as a r esearcher before quitting to pursue a career in music.
5. She started recording in the UK straight after university and successfully created an Rnb album.
6. She moved to Nigeria where she worked with Dekumzy who produced her first solo Afro beat track titled ‘Merry go Round’.
7. Uriel was the only girl in a 3-man musical group, Caku Republik on SKP label that consisted Sunky (producer of Styl-Plus), Mr Chicks and herself.
8. She is a model and a big fan of tattoos as she has four of them.
9. She is closely related to Charly Boy as her late father was Justice Oputa’s blood brother.Her father who was a lawyer was a part of Oputa panel before his death.
Charly Boy, born Charles Chukwuemeka Oputa, 19 June 1951, (also spelt Charlie Boy and known as CB, His Royal Punkness, and Area Fada). He’s a Nigerian singer/songwriter, television pr esenter, publisher, producer and one of Nigeria’s most controversial entertainers, best known for his alternative lifestyle, political views, and media productions, most notably The Charly Boy Show. He has been president of the Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria, and in 2011 an Idol Series judge.
10. She was a contestant on BET ‘Top Actor Africa Show’ which aired in 2016 but was the first Nigerian contestant to be evicted.
11. She is in love with hair wigs and she sells them too.
12. She is an aspiring Nollywood actress.