- Location: Langley, BC
- Salary: $15.20HOUR hourly for 30 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other Benefits
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
They’re searching for a patient and loving child caretaker to join our daycare and help us create a safe “home away from home” for our kids. The child-tasks caregivers include providing a stimulating learning environment and attending to the fundamental needs of the children in their care.
You must be patient, energetic, and fun-loving to be an effective Child Caregiver. Finally, a great Child Caregiver enjoys working with kids and is enthusiastic about their development and care.
Child Caregiver Responsibilities >>
- Planning, implementing and supervising structured, educational group activities.
- Preparing, organizing, and supervising mealtimes and snacks with nutritional food selections.
- Planning and supervising balanced routines that include physical activities, rest, and playtime.
- Providing responsible care and maintaining all safety standards.
- Ensuring a safe, sanitary, and orderly environment.
- Maintaining professional and positive relationships with parents, children, and staff.
- Notifying supervisors and parents of any signs of emotional or developmental issues.
- Providing structure and accountability that is firm but compassionate.
- Assisting children in the bathroom or with diapering tasks as needed.
- Encouraging children to participate in all activities.
Child Caregiver Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A Bachelor’s degree in early childcare or early childhood development is advantageous.
- Up-to-date first aid and CPR certifications.
- Ability to pass background checks and drug tests.
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a professional childcare environment.
- Strong working knowledge of childhood development.
- Physical fitness and the ability to perform tasks such as sitting on the floor, bending, and lifting children.
- Creativity and a willingness to sing, dance, and be silly and fun-loving with children.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism, and patience.
- Exceptional listening skills, compassion, and the ability to remain calm at all times.
Child Caregivers – Job requirements
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
Specific Skills >>
- Tend to the emotional well-being of children
- Supervise and care for children
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas, and change diapers for infants
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Help children with homework
- School-age (6 – 12 years)
- Infant (3 months – 11 months)
- Kindergarten age (4 – 5 years)
Assume full responsibility for the household in absence of parents
Child Caregivers – Work Setting
Supervise and care for multi-aged groups of children
Child Caregivers – Security and Safety
Criminal record check; Reference required;
Work Site Environment
Child Caregivers – Transportation/Travel Information
Public transportation is available;
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Handling heavy loads;
Work Location Information
Work in employer’s/client’s home;
Child Caregivers – Personal Suitability
Initiative; Client focus; Judgement; Reliability; Organized;
Child Caregivers – How to apply
By emailmailto:[email protected]
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
Advertised until >>2022-07-11
For interesting updates like this, stay connected on our website @ job.techsmoothy.com, also for further assistance, leave a comment below & don’t forget to share.