Child Caregivers take care of children in the absence of their parents or family members and are responsible for overseeing emotional and social development, teaching social manners, preparing meals and feeding children, helping with personal hygiene, supervising play activities, and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
A successful Child Caregiver resume should emphasize child care experience, a good level of physical fitness, a warm personality, and an observation spirit. A high school diploma and basic early childhood training are commonly seen on Child caregivers’ example resumes.
- Location: Langley, BC
- Salary: $15.20HOUR hourly for 30 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other Benefits
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
They’re searching for a patient and loving child caretaker to join our daycare and help us create a safe “home away from home” for our kids. The child-tasks caregivers include providing a stimulating learning environment and attending to the fundamental needs of the children in their care.
You must be patient, energetic, and fun-loving to be an effective Child Caregiver. Finally, a great Child Caregiver enjoys working with kids and is enthusiastic about their development and care.
Child Caregiver Responsibilities >>
- Planning, implementing and supervising structured, educational group activities.
- Preparing, organizing, and supervising mealtimes and snacks with nutritional food selections.
- Planning and supervising balanced routines that include physical activities, rest, and playtime.
- Providing responsible care and maintaining all safety standards.
- Ensuring a safe, sanitary, and orderly environment.
- Maintaining professional and positive relationships with parents, children, and staff.
- Notifying supervisors and parents of any signs of emotional or developmental issues.
- Providing structure and accountability that is firm but compassionate.
- Assisting children in the bathroom or with diapering tasks as needed.
- Encouraging children to participate in all activities.
Child Caregiver Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A Bachelor’s degree in early childcare or early childhood development is advantageous.
- Up-to-date first aid and CPR certifications.
- Ability to pass background checks and drug tests.
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a professional childcare environment.
- Strong working knowledge of childhood development.
- Physical fitness and the ability to perform tasks such as sitting on the floor, bending, and lifting children.
- Creativity and a willingness to sing, dance, and be silly and fun-loving with children.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism, and patience.
- Exceptional listening skills, compassion, and the ability to remain calm at all times.
Child Caregivers – Job requirements
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
Specific Skills >>
- Tend to the emotional well-being of children
- Supervise and care for children
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas, and change diapers for infants
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Help children with homework
- School-age (6 – 12 years)
- Infant (3 months – 11 months)
- Kindergarten age (4 – 5 years)
Assume full responsibility for the household in absence of parents
Child Caregivers – Work Setting
Supervise and care for multi-aged groups of children
Child Caregivers – Security and Safety
Criminal record check; Reference required;
Work Site Environment
Child Caregivers – Transportation/Travel Information
Public transportation is available;
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Handling heavy loads;
Work Location Information
Work in employer’s/client’s home;
Child Caregivers – Personal Suitability
Initiative; Client focus; Judgement; Reliability; Organized;
Child Caregivers – How to apply
By emailmailto:[email protected]
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
Advertised until >>2022-07-11
For interesting updates like this, stay connected on our website @ job.techsmoothy.com, also for further assistance, leave a comment below & don’t forget to share.